Friday, December 24, 2010

Welcome

Well, it's Christmas 2010 and I just received a gift from my nephew Reece, "Blogging for Dummies" and I'm on page 26.  Friends have been telling me I need a Blog for about a year because of my mildly-amusing posts on Facebook.  So, armed with info in the book and with the help of daughter Jessa, the template is set up and I'm off and running blogging like a bunny stoked on pure opium heroin.  Trouble is, I'm not sure what I'm doing or who can or will read it. 

I get a kick out of satirical writing and always have.  This will sound bizarre, but I write stuff, and then I read it back and it makes me laugh, the uncontrollable, groin-pulling laughter that you generally only get when you go to a show in Brainson, Missouri.  So, I'm tickled to share it with the rest of the world, and if it brings joy to your life, then you're probably as weird as I am and in dire need of professional counseling or incarcerated, or both.

If you want to know where my crazy humor comes from, it's a combination of Mad magazine, Lewis Grizzard, Dave Barry and the prophet Ezekiel.  I just copied the best parts of their stuff and run with it, hopefully once in a while I come up with something that makes you laugh so much you have to go see a Chiropractor. 

Well, gotta end the first Blog.  I guess as I read through my "Dummy" book I'll figure out how to load pictures and videos, make friends, get comments, or do whatever you do with a blog, just like I did with "My Space" (or was it "My Face"?) and Facebook.  And, by the time I figure it all out, I know everyone will have moved on to the next "thing" in the cyber world.   Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment